For many people, mobile phones , we like it more or less, have become our main camera. It may not be the best, but it is the one we use at the end of the day. Many of us have already played with Time Lapse as one of their curiosities, to some extent because it is part of the phones we work with daily and because, as photographers we are, we like to mess with everything it can offer us the camera. However, your phone may not allow you to do Time Lapse, so you may not even know what it is or, if you know it, you need a tool that takes you beyond what your phone can offer you. So, in any case, I will try to solve your doubts. These are the applications, later we will see them one by one, after answering a fundamental question:
- Time Lapse Camera
- Super lapse
- Lapse it
WHAT IS THE TIME LAPSE?Explained in a very simple way, Time Lapse is nothing more than a series of photographs of the same scenario taken with a specific time interval (which can usually be defined) and later joined in a video. The effect is that of a quick camera video. Surely you've seen it many times, for example, to see sunrises or sunsets, the growth of a flower, to record the route of cars on a road, the hustle and bustle of people walking, a boat, etc. In his day, we dedicate a complete article to how to do Time Lapse with the mobile phone in case you want to deepen the topic.
APPLICATIONS TO DO TIME LAPSE WITH YOUR MOBILE PHONEThese are some of the applications you can use when doing a Time Lapse.
FRAMELAPSE (ANDROID)This application for Android has many downloads and very good acceptance by users. And it is not for less, because it is very complete and intuitive, and allows you to customize many Time Lapse parameters to get the best results. Among other aspects, they stand out from this application:
- The possibility of choosing the duration of the interval between photographs.
- Select the speed of the video.
- Determine the total duration of the video.
- Offers zoom and autofocus options.
- You can control (and block) the white balance from the same application, as well as exposure, etc.
HYPERLAPSE (IOS)Hyperlapse is a very simple application but with very good results in terms of final video quality. From Hyperlapse we can highlight that:
- It has a powerful image stabilizer that provides very good final quality with cinematic effect and without the need for a tripod (although you know ... ).
- You can choose the speed of the video afterwards.
- It is very simple to use.
- You can share directly on Instagram.
TIME LAPSE CAMERA (ANDROID)This is another application for Android devices with many downloads as well as very good opinion of its users. It is simple and intuitive and allows you to manipulate all the basic settings:
- Maximum video duration
- Interval between shots.
- You can create videos from photos, very useful for creating Stop Motion type videos, longer-term physical changes such as pregnancy, plant growth, etc.