Are you looking for a comfortable camera, to take everywhere, share your moments with the whole world, capture those little details of everyday life, your favorite looks , the objects of desire you share with your followers on social networks or make yourself the best selfies ? You have reached the perfect place.
I come to present you your ideal camera, the Olympus PEN E-PL8, the fashion camera. Yes, yes, they could already put other names to these cameras, right? Posts could be called Olympus Milan, Olympus Fashion or something … but that is not the case, so we stay with Olympus PL8 to abbreviate throughout the article;).
It is a four-thirds Evil micro camera . That is, a camera with a smaller sensor than the SLR and without the mirror they carry, but with a much larger sensor and with more manual controls than the compact ones. And best of all, you can change the lenses to photograph what you want as you wish and with many more creative possibilities. Let’s see it in detail.
This is an ideal camera for all those people to whom fashion is part of their life, for lovers of social networks, for those looking for a versatile and pocket camera, for those who start in photography and care about the outward appearance. of your camera, but without losing performance; or for those who have a fashion blog or similar and need a camera to illustrate it. If you are one of these people (or all at once), this camera will undoubtedly interest you.
It is not for you if you are looking for excellent quality SLR, if you are a medium or advanced user or if you care a lot about the content but the continent is indifferent. If this is your case and you are looking for an Evil, better check out here . If you are from the previous group, read on because you will love this camera.
FEATURES OF THE OLYMPUS PL8
It has a metallic but very light body, a careful design and rounded shapes with retro air. Its grip is excellent and the size (with the objective of the kit) ideal for you to always carry on. These are its main features:
- Sensor: 4/3 »Live MOS sensor
- 16.1 megapixels (more than enough to share on networks and small extensions)
- 3 ” folding LCD screen : 80º up and 180º down. You can make self-portraits with just one touch and with the Selfie Mode the results are great
- Without viewfinder
- Shutter speed: 60 – 1/4000 sec / Bulb mode, up to 30 minutes (maximum selectable time in the menu; default 8 minutes)
- Sensitivity: Auto ISO 200 – 25600 (adjustable, default ISO 200 – 1600). Acceptable up to 1600 or 6400 with the noise reduction option. And the rest is there, that if you don’t need great clarity they can get you out of more trouble
- Continuous shooting: 8.5 fps
- Image stabilizer (not available in Bulb mode )
- Contrast focus system: with 81 focus points, capable of detecting a specific subject to focus on
- Exposure compensation: +/- 5 EV (1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
- Scene modes: Portrait, e-portrait, Landscape, Landscape with Portrait, Sports, Night Scene Stabilizer, Night Scene, Night Scene with Portrait, Children, Intense Light, Soft Light, Digital Image Stabilization, Macro, Macro Nature, Light Sails, Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, Beach and Snow, Fisheye Converter, Angular Converter, Macro Converter, 3D, Sweep
- Artistic filters: Pop Art / Soft focus / Pale color / Light tone / Antique black and white / Pinhole / Diorama / Cross process / Dramatic tone / Sepia / Colored drawing / Watercolor / Partial colored * / Vintage. * 18 colors available)
- Video: Full HD 1920 x 1080 (16: 9) / 30 fps / IPB (F, N) / (MOV) HD 1280 x 720 (16: 9) / 30p (MOV)
- No built-in flash (but one comes in the docking kit)
- Connectivity: Wi-fi
- Image edition
- Formats: RAW and JPG
- Weight: 374 g (with battery and card included)
- Dimensions: 117.1 x 68.3 x 38.4
If you want to know more specifications click here.
This is what the box contains:
- Camera body (Brown, black or white)
- Flash FL-LM1 (remember that it was not incorporated but that came apart? Well it has a very cool design)
- BLS ‑ 50 Lithium-ion battery
- BCS ‑ 5 Battery charger (something that is appreciated that it seems that it has become fashionable to charge directly by connecting the camera and, luckily, it is the only thing that this camera does not follow the fashion, because it is something very uncomfortable and impractical)
- Body cover of the Micro Four Thirds (BC ‑ 2)
- Shoulder strap (very pretty, not at all fun with the camera)
- CB ‑ USB6 USB cable
- Olympus Viewer software
- Instructions for use
- Warranty card
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14‑42mm 1: 3.5-5.6 EZ Pancake (Silver), if you choose the kit with the objective, this versatile objective comes. (Equivalent to a 28-84 mm)
At first glance the best is its beautiful and careful design, retro style. Also the grip, how light it is to always carry on and all the creative options it offers.
At a technical level, it should be noted that its approach is very fast and precise.
Mention also the option of remote control, that is, you can shoot the camera from your phone. Also the possibilities and facilities to take selfies, an important detail for the audience to which it is addressed.
It couldn’t be all so pretty and some fault had to have … Like it doesn’t record in 4k.
With Wi-Fi does not transfer RAW files, you must shoot in RAW + JPG mode to transfer via Wi-fi.
The objective is very basic and not very bright, if you want to deepen the photography and get more creative or complete results at the focal level, better to buy only the body and choose a lens to taste, which has the advantage of being a camera of interchangeable objectives .
You can find only the body on Amazon for € 330.71 . And you have the kit available in three colors with the 14-42 mm objective:
Price: (price not available at this time)
Price: € 519.37
Price: € 458.88
OLYMPUS PL8 GALLERY
To see the type of images you can get, go to this Flickr gallery or this one on Instagram .
Here I leave you with a video presentation to give you a more visual idea .
A camera to take with you anywhere without chanting and without sacrificing your neck or back;). That in addition to its design offers a lot of creative possibilities, which responds quite well when raising the ISO in low light conditions and with a very fast and precise approach that surprises.
A camera designed for whom aesthetics is important and even a way of life or their profession. Ideal for bloggers and bloggers, influencer and social media enthusiasts. A camera that does not disappoint. That conquers you by looking at her.
If you found this article useful or you know someone who would use this camera as a pearl, don’t hesitate to share it. Thanks and see you soon!