The favorite Mario camera already has a successor, it is the Nikon D3500. If you are looking for your first SLR camera this is a candidate to be on the top of your list. Throughout the article you will understand why, but we anticipate that it is a camera that does not disappoint.
It is designed for those people looking for a first SLR camera, or a small and light SLR to take anywhere. For those who want an SLR but not an armatoste and do not want to complicate life too much.
It is a good option for those who until recently were happy taking photos with their mobile or with their compact, but they have already fallen short (or short) and need to take one more step.
For you to place yourself, I bring the camera map to the brand, you will see that the Nikon D3500 is the most basic, so there is not much to lose .
Let’s look at the main features of this Nikon D3500 camera:
- Sensor: DX, CMOS, 23.5 mm x 15.6 mm
- 24 MP
- Shutter speed: 1/4000 to 30 s, in steps of 1/3 EV; Bulb and Time options
- ISO: 100-25600
- 11 focus points
- Burst: Up to 5 fps
- Measuring modes: central and punctual matrix or weighted
- Shooting modes : Automatic modes (Automatic; Automatic [flash off]); Automatic programmed with flexible program (P); Automatic with shutter priority (S); Automatic with priority to the diaphragm (A); Manual (M)
- Scene modes: Portrait; Sports; Foreground; Night portrait
- Special effects modes: Night vision, Super vivid, Pop, Photo illustration, Toy camera effect, Mockup effect, Selective color, Silhouettes, High key, Low key
- Exposure Compensation: -5 to +5 EV can be adjusted in increments of 1/3 EV in P, S, A, M, Scene and Night Vision modes
- Live View You can see on the screen how the photo will look
- Bluetooth connection: With the SnapBridge application (iOS and Android) you can connect the camera to a smartphone or tablet and use it as a remote shutter and share your photos at the moment
- Dimensions: Approx. 124 x 97 x 69.5 mm
- Weight: Approx. 415 g with battery and memory card, but without body cover; approx. 365 g (camera body only)
To see more specifications, click here.
The Guide Mode presented by the Nikon D3500 is a great help to all those who are still lost when taking certain photographs. This is one of the reasons why it is great for those who start.
For the range it is in, its dynamic range surprises.
One of its greatest advantages is its autonomy. According to the house, the autonomy of this small camera is just over 1500 shots. So if you are a somewhat forgetful person when charging the battery, you are fast toe and you usually go home in each session with more than a thousand shots or you go on a trip with her and doubt that there are plugs in sight , this is undoubtedly your ideal camera.
It is also a camera that is comfortable to handle due to its weight and size.
DISADVANTAGES OF THE NIKON D3500
The main drawback is that the news regarding its successor are very few, so if you still find a cheaper Nikon D3400 , do not hesitate to acquire it and buy yourself with what you have about an objective with which to develop your creativity.
Another drawback for the most demanding with the video (and its sound) is that it has no external micro input.
And if you are looking for a camera with a touch or flip screen, this is not your best option.
To see what photos this camera is capable of, you can take a walk through the group on Flickr. Although I also leave you a gallery with sample photos of the brand itself:
And if you’re interested in knowing how to record this Nikon D3500 on video, here’s a demo:
This is the video presentation of the brand, if yours is more to see and hear than to read :
Within the range of start-up cameras we can say that it is the one with the best price and performance. Although if you want to look at other similar options, you can take a look, for example, at the Canon 200D (compare them on this link ).
With respect to the predecessor, as I said, the novelties are very few: a lighter and smaller tad, a customizable function button (negative point) has disappeared and slightly improves the plastic sensation that some complain about The D3400 The only thing that stands out is the increase in battery autonomy, which goes from about 1200 shots to about 1500; and that all the back buttons have moved to the right, which is more comfortable when handling it.
But it is that the Nikon D3400 is a camera that we recommend without contemplation, so as soon as the Nikon D3500 disappears it will become the best alternative;). You can find out in the following video why:
If you found this article useful, please share it on your favorite social network. You may help someone who walks around with doubts. Thank you and see you soon.
Price: (price not available at this time)