In recent years there are several brands that have tried to join the fight between Canon and Nikon for leadership in the world of digital photography and few brands have been as close to achieving it as Pentax that, with its latest releases, has left More than one photographer with an open mouth.
On this occasion, the Japanese company Pentax has launched a camera aimed at earning a place among the best mid-range DSLRs with its new model, the K-S1 that is as powerful as it is attractive.
If you were looking for your first SLR camera or want to change the one you currently have, you cannot ignore what the Pentax K-S1 has for you. Do not miss it!
SO CUTE THAT YOU FALL IN LOVE!
In August of this year, Pentax launched the K-S1, a very special mid-range DSLR camera: a small camera full of LED lights but with very remarkable functions and features that can make it an alternative rather than attractive to Traditional models of the two giants in the market: Nikon and Canon.
The new Pentax K-S1 maintains the simple but robust appearance that characterizes all the cameras of the brand, since it is not only convenient to use thanks to its small size, but also very easy to use, even if you have never driven a reflex camera.
This model exposes the brand’s efforts to make life easier for the amateur photographer so he can concentrate on what he does best, take pictures.
The best: although it may cost you a bit to take the point of such a compact camera, once you get used to it, you will notice that the arrangement of the buttons and dials to access the different functions of the camera are very good distributed and are easily accessible at all times during the shots.
The worst: the main novelty of this model is its light interface that is as attractive as it is useless when taking pictures. Anyway, what abounds never exceeds and does not disturb, nor bothers. =)
WHO IS THE PENTAX K-S1 AIMED AT?
As I just told you, the simplicity that characterizes this model makes this camera a very attractive option for all those people who have never had a digital SLR camera in their hands and want to start taking their first steps in this wonderful art of art. Hand of a model that is simple to use but at the same time allows almost professional photographs.
And besides everything, it is very comfortable and beautiful.
The Pentax K-S1 is not only a pretty face, it is also a camera that includes very attractive features for a semi-professional model intended for use by amateurs.
Here you have some of the most outstanding:
- Medium-format sensor or internally stabilized APS-C of 20 effective megapixels without filter “Anti aliasing” or “low pass filter” that slightly improves the sharpness of the photographs.
- Surprising ISO sensitivity: from 100 to 51200.
- Burst shot of up to 5.4 pictures per second.
- Maximum shutter speed of 1/6000 seconds.
- Penta prism viewfinder that will guarantee 100% coverage of the scene.
- 9 of the 11 focus points of this model are crossed, which will guarantee you a very fast and precise approach.
- 3-inch LCD screen with 921k resolution.
- Video recording in FULL HD at 1080p at 30 frames per second.
- Manual, semi-manual and automatic modes and a large number of effects and scenes available so that, in a very simple way, you can give a very special touch to all your photographs.
- Its size is really compact: 121 x 93 x 73 mm.
- Weight: 558 grams that shows the robustness in its construction.
In addition to the main features that I just told you, I have selected the ones that, in my opinion, are worthy of standing out above the rest, even from their direct competitors:
• Visualization: both when taking the photographs and also when seeing how they have finally been on the LCD screen, the Pentax K-S1 is really spectacular. Its penta prism optical viewfinder with 100% coverage will guarantee you total freedom to compose your photographs without fear that a portion of the scene will be cut. In addition, contrary to what is usually seen in this type of “semi-professional” cameras, its LCD screen is really clear.
• Focus: this camera’s auto focus system is very precise because 9 of its 11 focus points are of the cross type, making it very fast and efficient. While it is true that 11 focus points are not many, most cameras with which the K-S1 directly competes have the same amount of focus points as this model.
• Autonomy: contrary to what it may seem in the first instance, due to the large number of LED lights on its exterior, the battery performance of the K-S1 is something to highlight. With a single charge you will be able to take approximately 500 photographs (without using the flash).
• Image quality: in general, the quality of the photographs taken with the K-S1 is really very good, as long as you do not use ISO sensitivities above ISO 6400 since, from there, the sharpness of them will decrease significantly. Anyway, its effective 20 megapixel sensor and its Pentax Prime M II image processor, will guarantee you really good quality photographs for an entry camera to the world of SLR photography.
THE K-S1 FOR YOU
Like what happened when Pentax launched its K-50 model , the new Pentax K-S1 will also allow you to choose between different colors and textures so you can customize it to your liking and give your camera a bit of originality.
You can choose between three types of collections: “Regular”, “Fabric” and “Night Sky”. If you want to see the different alternatives in more detail, do not forget to enter the online catalog at the following link: “ Pentax K-S1 collections ”.
PRICE AND COMPARISONS
As I told you at the beginning of the article, the Pentax K-S1 is a camera designed to meet the needs of the amateur photographer who begins to take his first steps in the world of photography, but wants to do it in style.
The price of the Pentax K-S1 with an objective 18-55 mm of the kit is around 600 euros at Amazon .
WHAT REALLY MATTERS
I attached some example photos, taken precisely with the Pentax K-S1
Once again, Pentax has shown that, in the world of photography, everything is not limited to Canon or Nikon and that there are other “alternative” brands that can match and even exceed the performance of popular camera SLRs.
The Pentax K-S1 is a camera that you can use to take endless photographs in the most varied situations and conditions in a very simple, comfortable and surprising quality for an “amateur level” camera.
The online instant HTML beautifier tools make a great resource that will help you a lot in your work.