Getting to know the camera
A little over a year has passed since Sony surprised the photo market with the release of the first full-frame mirrorless cameras – the Sony A7 and Sony A7R . Then the camera family was replenished with a Sony A7S model with a matrix, which has outstanding performance in terms of noise at high ISO.
It would seem that what else is missing in the system? But Sony is a company that knows how to surprise. In an already compact camera body, an image-stabilizer based on a matrix shift operating along five axes was installed. Recall that we have never seen a five-axis stabilizer in a single camera operating with a full-frame sensor. So the Sony Alpha 7 Mark II was born, which literally a couple of months after the announcement was in our editorial office. The sample camera that came to us is pre-production , so our test will be preliminary. Camera firmware version 1.00. Nevertheless, we will show test shots and test the stabilizer in operation. In the near future we will prepare an extended test of this camera in the format of “Week with an Expert”.
Get price Sony Alpha 7 Mark II
The main features of the camera:
- 24.3-megapixel CMOS sensor format 24×36 mm;
- hybrid autofocus with 117 phase sensors on the matrix;
- stabilization based on the shift of the matrix along five axes;
- burst shooting up to 5 frames / s;
- electronic OLED viewfinder with a resolution of 2.36 million points;
- inclined display with a resolution of 1,230,000 dots;
- 10 programmable buttons;
- magnesium housing with dust and moisture protection;
- Wi-Fi and NFC, the ability to install applications in the camera;
- Full HD movie with XAVC-S support.