When talking about photo editing, processing and digital retouching, Photoshop is the star program. But this excellent tool has a few drawbacks too: very expensive price if you want to buy it legally (or you expose yourself to infect your computer from viruses and Trojans if you download it cracked from a photo), very complex to use at the beginning, consume many resources of Computer memory, among other disadvantages.
If you are looking for an alternative to Photoshop today I bring you 10 Here is a list of 10 photo editing programs that are free, lightweight, and relatively easier to use than Photoshop.
10 BEST PROGRAMS FOR PHOTO EDITING
1) GIMP: It is the closest competitor to Photoshop. It offers very advanced options and features, very similar to those found in a professional Software. It can be installed both on the computer and on a USB stick to carry it on. [ Download ] [ More Info ]
2) LunaPic: A fabulous online foots editor. In addition to a free set, it does not require installation or registration or anything. The number of functions and options they offer make it a very attractive option. [ Access ]
3) ImageForge: Although it has a paid edition, ImageForge Standard Edition is available for free and allows you to get an idea of the features offered by the paid version. Even so you can keep the free version and use it as a photo editing program by default. [ Download ]
4) Paint.NET: For many it is the best photo editing program. Its main asset is that it is full of plug-ins that give it additional features with endless special effects. [ Download ] [ More Info ]
5) PhotoFiltre: Free, very intuitive and with a lot of options that facilitate the editing of images saving the user a lot of time. [ Download ] [ More Info ]
6) PhotoPlus 6: If you are looking for something basic and easy to edit your photos PhotoPlus 6 may be the answer. However, if you fall in love and decide to switch to its PhotoPlus 8 version, you will have to pay. [ Download ] [ More Info ]
7) Photoscape: A very functional photo editor, well rated by those who use it. It allows to edit images, take screenshots, create collages, among other things. [ Download ] [ More Info ]
8) Picasa: It is the Google program for photo editing. It allows you to organize, edit and share photos in an extremely simple and affordable way for the most clumsy of users. [ Download ] [ More Info ] (One of my favorites)
9) Pixia: Although it is more oriented to drawing, its characteristics and ease of use make it a good alternative when editing photos. It offers a large number of filters and adjustments that will bring your photos to life. [ Download ] [ More Info ]
10) VCW VicMan: Another very intuitive photo editing program available to everyone. It is very basic but meets the minimum functions to edit a photo, rotate it, crop it, adjust the color and add texts and watermarks. [ Download ] [ More Info ]
They are not the 10 best photo editing programs, since we are each looking for something different in terms of editing and retouching photos, but at least it is a list that you can use as a reference if you want to start messing with the digital edition without having to pay high cost of acquiring Photoshop or Lightroom.