The search for a new camera is something very personal and a decision to take it easy. We always say it, there is not a better camera, but an ideal one for each person. Today we bring you the Fujifilm X-T2 and no, it is not a novelty, but as you know, with rare exceptions we do not usually bring the news, we prefer to wait to see how the public receives them and how they respond.
After a while in the market, there is no doubt, this camera has become a well deserved to hollow in the top of the cameras for amateurs and professionals. Let’s see why.
As I anticipated, the Fujifilm X-T2 is a camera for advanced and professional amateurs. Especially for those who touch different disciplines or are dedicated to travel photography.
It is not a camera for beginners primarily for the price. It is not necessary to spend more than 1,000 euros on a camera if you do not know how to get the most out of it or you are not sure if you are going to really spend time in photography. It is a camera for people who already have a photographic background and who need more features and better image quality.
Because let’s make something clear, the camera matters. Yes. But everything in life is relative. Just as the important thing is the photographer behind. Too. First, the important thing is the photographer, because you can already give the most expensive and complete camera in the market to someone who does not know about photography that is not going to make you better photos.
Now, depending on what it is important to have a quality tool. If you give Rafa Nadal the worst racket in the market he will play better than you and I together, but Rafa’s level of play requires a racket at his height, because he dedicates himself to it professionally, no matter what it costs. For what would I want Nadal’s racket if as much as I want I will not get even 10% performance (and being optimistic).
In short, each person needs a type of camera according to their circumstances and needs. And someone who is starting does not need this camera but something else of this style . And if I tell you all this it is so that you don’t make the most common mistake when buying a camera .
That said, let’s look at the characteristics of this little jewel.
The Fujifilm X-T2 is a Fujifilm X Series mirrorless camera that has become one of the brand’s most coveted. The body is made of magnesium alloy and its design has a retro air that falls in love at first sight.
It is a very versatile camera , so I told you that it is ideal for those who play different disciplines, because it may not be the best for a specific discipline, but it is well defended in different areas, such as sports or adventure photography , Street, landscape, product, wedding or even for photos in low light environments or night photos. It also works quite well in video mode and also records in 4k. That’s why we talk about her as an all-terrain camera. Or what is the same, a camera for trips in which a bit of everything is touched .
- Sensor: X-Trans CMOS III This is an APS-C sensor without a low-pass filter, which translates into greater sharpness. With ultrasonic vibration cleaning system
- 24.3 MP
- Shutter Speed:
- Mechanical shutter: 4 s to 1/8000 s (P mode), 30 s to 1/8000 s (all modes). Bulb mode (up to 60 min), TIME: 30 s to 1/8000 s.
- Electronic shutter (silent): 30 s to 1/32000 s (P / A / S / M modes)
Bulb mode: 1 s fixed, TIME: 1 s to 1/32000 sec.
- Mechanical + electronic shutter: 4 s up to 1/32000 sec. (P mode), 30 s to 1/32000 s (all modes) Bulb mode (up to 60 min), TIME: 30 s to 1/32000 s
- Synchronized shutter speed for flash1 / 250 s or slower
- Up to 14 fps (depending on format, shutter or recording medium) 8 fps using the mechanical shutter
- Power on delay: 0.3 seconds.
- Interval between shooting: 0.17 seconds
- Interval timer for shots
- High performance autofocus, even with low contrast objects or motifs with fine textures, such as an animal’s fur
- Shooting modes: P (AE programmed) / A (AE with aperture priority) / S (AE with shutter priority) / M (Manual exposure)
- Exposure compensation: -5.0EV – + 5.0EV, in increments of 1 / 3EV
(video recording: -2.0EV – + 2.0EV)
- 4k video recording
- Folding screen (not touch). Maybe you’ll miss a position to see you while you record, stop Youtubers and selfies lovers who wait to turn the screen and see each other. Of course, you can always pull the Fujifilm Camera Remote app and use your Smartphone as a remote monitor
- 15 movie simulation modes: you can use these modes to recreate the old Fujifilm movies (analog reels )
- Filters: Toy camera, Miniature, Pop Color, High key, Low key, Dynamic tone, Soft focus, Partial color (red / orange / yellow / green / blue / purple)
- Wireless functions: Geotagging, wireless communication, (image transfer), View and obtain images, remote camera shooting, automatic PC storage, instant printer printing
- Double card slot. It can be configured to record one RAW and the other JPG corresponding to those RAW
- Possibility of putting handle for two additional batteries
- Lens holder : FUJIFILM X mount
- Operating temperature: -10 ° C – 40 ° C
- Sealed against dust and splashes
- Duration approx. Battery: 340 seals
- Dimensions: 132.5mm x 91.8mm x 49.2mm
- Weight: 507g approx. (with battery and memory card)
- Price: In black € 942.14 and in Graphite color (price not available at this time)
Its improved autofocus compared to its predecessor is one of its strengths. It is able to focus even in situations of low contrast or low brightness. And get a very precise continuous autofocus. Its rear joystick makes it easy to move between the numerous focus points.
The image quality it offers is also worth mentioning. It works very well with high ISO values and it is possible to recover the shadows getting little noise.
The amount of focus points is also noteworthy. And all the dials you have for not having to be entering the menu is also something that many of its users appreciate.
Such a machine is difficult to get buts, although none is perfect, it is clear. There will be someone who misses the touch screen or who needs at a professional level more quickly or accurately in some particular aspect, but the truth is, an advanced user or a professional who touches many different sticks or who looks for a second camera, few hits you will take out.
To see what kind of photos you can achieve with this jewel, I bring you a sample. And very varied, in case you doubt how versatile it is
And if you’ve been wanting more, here is a video in which photographer Javier Ramos captures nature photographs with the Fujifilm X-T2
In short, a retro-style camera that falls in love but is leading in technology. An off-road machine and ideal for trips that does not disappoint, inside or out.
And so far our comments on this wonderful camera that has made me little eyes, although for the moment I will continue to enjoy mine that still has to last me a long time and continue giving joys.
If you liked this article or found it useful, don’t forget to share it on your favorite social network. Thanks and see you soon!
Price: € 942.14
Price: (price not available at this time)