People choose photography as their passion or as their hobby but some people who choose photography as their profession do not think of money at first, especially if that person is a fresher because it’s their passion and they want to enhance their skills. Photography is an art like all other forms of art, the attraction lies not only in earning money but also to fulfil one’s desire to do something creative, fun and innovative, but people who look this passion as their career can make money in different ways:
- WEDDINGS- Nowadays there are lots of people who plan to get married and they want to capture each and every moment of their marriage in such a way so that in future when they see that album they live that moment itself. This is the phase where a photographer plays a very important role in their lives.
- SHOOTS- A photographer can take part in shoots like wedding shoots or he can shoot a film or agencies who hire photographers especially for shoots. These are some examples which a photographer can take part or can apply for.
- STUDIO- By building up a studio of yours you can do photo shoots of your clients and make money by signing big contracts to develop your skills as well as to make your clients feel that you are a good photographer.
- PHOTO CONTESTS- By joining photo contests you will not only make money for yourself, but you will also get to learn a lot of things from other photographers as well.
- WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY- Some people love animals so much that they want to shoot each and everything they do by clicking pictures of animals and the action they do, through this as well a photographer can earn money.
- SELL YOUR WORK- A photographer can sell digital or printed copies of his work.
- TEACH PHOTOGRAPHY- Some people are keen to teach photography as they want our future members to be a part of photography. This is the best way you can contribute to your society and to your world by teaching others something which they really want to learn.
- WRITE BLOGS- A photographer can also write blogs on the basis of his work or even that person can make his own Instagram page and can publish them through that medium. He can also make his own website.
- CONTRIBUTE YOUR WORK ON WEBSITES- There are some websites which are purely based on photography or in which only photographers sell their work on the website. A photographer can also make his own website and can sell them at a good price.
- CONDUCT PHOTOGRAPHY SHOOTS AND WORKSHOPS- A good photographer who wants to spread his knowledge as well as who wants to make people aware about his work can conduct shoots and workshops at different- different places like schools, colleges, or even he can conduct a workshop at a common place where crowd comes.
- MUSEUMS AND EMPORIUMS- There are some museums and emporiums where photographer keep their work as a showcase so that people notice their work and get familiar with them as a professional photographer.
- PHOTOBOOKS- A photographer can make its portfolio or even photobooks where he can preserve his work and he can showcase to people around the world.
- ASSIST A PHOTOGRAPHER- People who think of being a professional photographer they can first work with a professional photographer as an Intern and then when he gains experience from that photographer he can also be a professional photographer.
- LOCAL NEWSPAPERS- A person can also work with local newspapers in order to gain experience and to learn photography. He or she can work with those newspapers and learn more things about photography.
These are some of the methods or mediums from which a photographer can earn money as well as he or she can get a medium to showcase his or her work as well as to enhance his or her skills. Through these media, a person can also make photography as a passion or hobby. I hope this article helps you to figure out your career path as well as your hobbies or your favourite past time. We all are actually photographers as we click photographs of ourselves every day, but a professional photographer can only be defined on the basis of his skills and he or she will know each and everything about camera and photography as well.