Hello photographer! It seems that you are looking for a new camera We recommend that you take a look at the following model of this brand new SLR: The Nikon D5600 , with better features and at a better price, since it has become somewhat obsolete and is not found firsthand.
I could start this article by publicizing the properties of the new Nikon camera, however, I am very aware of the fact that choosing a camera is not easy and that we can get along very quickly by the consumerist spirit or by the own marketing of products when making any purchase. For that reason, I will point out the novelties that it presents and its characteristics after making the following reflection.
Buying a camera is something like choosing a home. You can find a beautiful house with eight bedrooms, with a pool and in the center of your city, which would fascinate anyone, but in reality, you only live with your partner, you do not plan to increase the family or you like visits and also You live in a country so cold that the pool would only serve you for ice skating. And to top it all, what you like is nature and you hate the city. As much as that floor is the dream of many, I fear that it is not the most suitable for you, right? Like what would you want a home with central heating if you live in the tropics
Well, the same happens with the cameras, sometimes we become obsessed with the benefits and although then we do not use even half of the half, we do have to pay them the same. Always remember that there is no perfect camera, there is YOUR ideal camera. That said, I hope you read the following information more calmly and don’t get frustrated because you can’t afford it or run away to buy it before knowing for sure that this camera is right for you
WHO IS THE NIKON D5500?
It is the new camera that the Japanese Nikon has launched as a successor to the D5300 model. Aimed at beginners or those who started some time ago and want to renew. For you to stand, I leave the map of Nikon.
WHO DO YOU COMPETE WITH?
Its most direct competitors are the Canon EOS 760 D and 750 D, the Pentax K-S2 and its successor the Nikon D5300.
It is the first Nikon with a touch screen and although the body is the same as that of the D5300 (made with a single piece of metal) its grip is thinner and, in general, lighter and ergonomic. Remove the GPS that included the D5300.
FEATURED FEATURES OF THE NIKON D5500
- Very high level of detail (due to the elimination of the low pass filter). This rare name is a filter that eliminates some optical defects but also reduces sharpness. Deleting it wins in detail.
- Bright and precise colors.
- Flip and touch screen: its most notable novelty. Being tactile allows, for example, to select the focus point with your finger when using Live View mode. You can adjust up to eight parameters tactilely. And now that we’re sooo used to touch screens, it’s like being at home. But if this is not cool, do not worry, it has a “normal and current” menu button, we go from the ones of a lifetime.
- 39 focus points : (they are a lot) which translates into great performance in focus, accurate and fast.
- Continuous shooting 5 fps. In just a second capture five shots.
- 24 megapixels : this is useful if you print photos in very large size, if not, you have plenty of megapixels for a tube.
- ISO: 100-25600. Noise is hardly perceived up to 6,400 ISO, which allows you to shoot in low light conditions. Ideal for partiers and other «night birds»
- Timer: you can set it to 2, 5, 10 and 20 seconds and between 1 and 9 exposures.
- Scene modes: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up, Night portrait, Night landscape, Party / indoor, Beach / snow, Sunset, Sunrise / sunset, Pet portrait, Candlelight, Flowers, Autumn colors , Gastronomy.
- Special effects modes: offers lots of creative effects to apply to your photos. You can preview the effect you choose and adjust the intensity while shooting. The effects are: Night vision, Superintense, Pop, photographic illustration, Toy camera effect, Mockup effect, Selective color, Silhouettes, High key, Low key. (You cannot use these modes if you shoot in RAW)
- Built -in Wi-Fi function : photos can be shared at the moment and you can even shoot from another device with a specific application. You don’t have to wait to download them to your computer to share them on social networks. (If you are one of mine it can be weeks, right? )
- Shooting speed: allows shooting in a range between 1/4000 and 30 seconds.
- Duration of battery : 820 shots, which is not bad.
- Record videos with maximum definition (Full HD). It has a built-in microphone and connection for an external one.
- Weight (with battery): 470 grs.
- Colors: available in red and black.
PRICE OF THE NIKON D5500
You can get this camera jewel for just under 900 euros at Amazon , with a basic 18-55mm lens.
- D5500 + AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm VR lens.
- D5500 kit + AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm VR lens.
- D5500 + the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm VR wide-angle zoom lens and the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm VR telephoto lens.
- D5500 + the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm VR wide-angle zoom lens and the NIKKOR 55-300mm VR lens.
- D5500 + AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm VR lens
The kit will include the strap, the body cover and the eyepiece cover, an audio / video cable, the battery, the battery charger and a USB cable.
For those who prefer to see and hear what to read here is Nikon’s presentation video:
It is a highly recommended camera, in fact one of the best of the moment in its range, although we must bear in mind that if we compare it with its predecessor, the Nikon D5300 , we can say that the image quality is the same, because they share sensor and processor. What fundamentally differentiates them is the touch screen . If you have doubts between them, it will be you who decides if you are worth paying between 200 and 300 euros more for this aspect. Or what is the same, if you want to pay for a six-bedroom house if you only need two
I hope I helped you if only a little. If so, I would appreciate it if you shared this article on social networks, Facebook, Twitter or Google +, so we can reach more “doubtful” Thank you for reaching the end and until next time!