If you are an adventurous person, you like the sea, and you want to photograph your expeditions among corals, in this guide we are going to propose 3 submersible cameras with which you will be able to do aquatic photography.
These cameras are ideal both for people with an adventure profile, and for families who want to introduce the little ones in the house to photography with an underwater camera for children .
OLYMPUS TOUGH TG-6 UNDERWATER (UNDERWATER) CAMERA
Substitute for the Tough 3, in addition to its macro functions and high quality, the Olympus TG-4 adds a very versatile and bright lens. Let's see it in more detail.
OLYMPUS TOUGH TG-6 FEATURES
- Focal length: 25-100mm
- Aperture: f/2.0-4.9
- Wide-angle optical zoom
- RAW recording
- Resolution: 12 Mp
- AF lock
- High speed autofocus
- 3″ LCD screen
- ISO: 6400
- White balance with 6 presets and 4 custom settings
- Water resistance : 15 m (45 m with housing)
- Cold resistance : -10º
- Compressive strength: 100 kg
- Drop resistant up to 2.1m
- dust resistant
- 4K 30p, 25p video recording . Video with Time Lapse to perform Time-Lapse
- WiFi : You can wirelessly transfer photos to your smartphone or tablet anywhere.
- With the OI (OLYMPUS Image Share) applicationYou have the ability to use your phone to control the TG-6 from a distance.
- Macro mode: minimum focus distance 1cm.
- GPS location: with this same OI app you can add locations to shared images
- Electronic compass: lets you know where you are even with the camera off
- artistic filters
- Modes: i-Auto, Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Custom Shot, Underwater, Microscope, Scene Modes, Art Filter, Video
- Scene modes: Portrait, e-portrait, Landscape, Time-lapse shot, Live Composite, Stabilizer Night Scene, Night Scene, Night Scene with Portrait, Sports, Candlelight, Sunset, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Panorama , Backlit HDR, Underwater Shot, Underwater Wide 1, Underwater Wide 2, Underwater Macro, Underwater HDR, Microscope, Focus Framing, Focus Bracketing.
These features make the TG-6 one of the best and most complete waterproof cameras on the market today.
To guarantee fun, you have at your disposal accessories such as a waterproof case, LED Guide light, Teleconverter, Fisheye, Tele or Underwater Wide Angle, flashes, etc.
THIS UNDERWATER CAMERA IS FOR YOU
If you like skiing, diving, hiking or biking on dirt trails. Its resistance to dust and water make it an ideal tool for all those who live on adventure and need to capture it. If you also narrate your experiences on the networks, this camera is perfect for you due to its geolocation system and WiFi connectivity.
It is also for you if you like macro photography, as it has up to four modes that allow up to a minimum shooting distance of 1 cm, a lot! Do you want to capture the texture of a coral? This is your camera ?
IT'S NOT FOR YOU
If the image quality is above the camera's endurance, you're not going to expose it to water or dust, and you just want a compact camera that takes good pictures.
The lens does not close, so you need this adapterfor objectives that costs about 20 euros and comes with a lid. The logical thing is that it came with the kit, even if they increased the price, but it is not like that.
The maximum exposure time is 4 seconds.
OLYMPUS TOUGH TG-6 PRICE
You can find it on Amazon for about 550 euros.
Some photos taken with the Olympus TG-6, so you can see the quality of the macro and how it works in and out of the water.
UNDERWATER UNDERWATER CAMERA: PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FT30
An all-terrain camera that resists up to 8 meters underwater, shocks to 1.5m or dust and snow. It is not the one that stands out the most, but it does have a very good value for money.
FEATURES OF THE PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FT30
- Sensor: 1/2.33
- Resolution: 16 Mp
- Focal Length: 4.5 – 18.0mm (25 – 100mm in 35mm equivalent)
- Maximum aperture: f/3.9 – 5.7
- ISO: 100-1600
- 4x optical zoom
- Mega OIS: Optical Stabilizer
- Resistant to temperatures down to -10 °C
- Waterproof: up to a depth of 8m
- Shock resistant up to 1.5m, freezing up to -10º and dust resistant
- 2.7″ LCD screen
- Size: Approx. 103.7 x 58.3 x 19.7mm
- Weight: approx 125g
- different scene modes
- Advanced underwater mode to compensate for red color
- 220MB built-in memory
- built-in flash
- Continuous shooting: 8fps
- Effects: Expressive, Retro Key, High, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Stunning Dynamic Art, High Dynamic Process, Crosshair, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, One Color Dot
- creative retouching
- Torch light for videos in dark environments
- Battery life 250 shots approx.
Snorkeling and diving close to the surface and to always carry with you.
IT'S NOT FOR YOU…
If you want GPS and/or Wi-Fi.
PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FT30 PRICE
You have it on Amazon by: N/A
RICOH WG-80 UNDERWATER CAMERA
This is a perfect camera for those who want to shoot macro underwater.
FEATURES OF THE RICOH WG-80
- 5x optical zoom
- Focal Length 5mm to 25mm (28-140mm equivalent)
- Aperture: f/3.5 – f/5.5
- Shutter speed: 4s to 1/4000s
- Sensor : 16MP
- 2.7-inch LCD monitor
- ISO: Auto, 125-6400
- Exposure compensation: 2.0EV – +2.0EV in 1/3EV increments
- electronic image stabilizer
- white balance
- Minimum focus distance: 1 cm
- Water resistance: up to 14 m depth for 2 hours
- Shock resistance: up to 1.6 m
- Cold resistance : -10º
- dust resistance
- Triple anti-vibration protection
- Full HD (1080p) video , maximum resolution 1920×1080 at 30fps
- face detection
- Built-in flash and 6 LED lights around the lens for macro photos
- Battery up to 300 images (not bad for an underwater camera)
- Underwater and Underwater (macro) modes: Specifically designed to optimize underwater image capture.
- Various Digital Filters and Scene Modes
- Dimensions: 122.5 x 61.5 x 29.5mm.
- Weight: 194g
Macro photography, underwater photography, situations in which the camera is in danger of being hit, crushed or similar.
IT'S NOT FOR YOU
If you want it to have Wi-Fi to share your photos instantly.
RICOH WG-80 PRICE
You can find it on Amazon for about 350 euros.
You already have three cameras for all tastes (and colors ? ). Have you been wanting more adventure? Take a look at the Sony Action Cam , for the more intrepid or at these other action cameras where you will find some submersible ones.
If you are looking for picture quality above all else in a compact or similar and have no intention of putting it through these dusty or submersible tests, better take a look at the Evil or these compacts . The Ricoh that I have presented to you is ideal for extreme sports (such as snowboarding or family adventures with children; P), for water or places with dust or sand. That is his forte.