Photoshop is amazing as well as a very versatile tool that is used to edit photography prints so that they look better than before. There can be many reasons as to why you might need to crop and or resize your photographs. One of the most common reasons is to remove any unwanted portions of the image. Another could be to resize the image to fit a particular dimension; you could also be resizing your image to fit some size changes that are required.
Photoshop cannot only crop and resize your image. Also, you can also do a lot more to it, add effects, layers, smoothen faces and so on. You can also adjust the photography lighting using the photoshop software suit. In this article, we will look into ways that we can use to crop and or resize your photographs in the Photoshop software.
Crop and Tools
One of the things that you might want to do is to add more of the canvas space. The crop tool is used for adding extra canvas space. To do this, you can follow the following steps.
- First, have a duplicate of the image. This will help if you do some mistake and crop off unwanted parts of the image. You can do this by pressing control + J keys on your windows based computer or the keys Command + J on your mac based Operating system.
- Next, you will have to set the background color for the extra canvas space that you are creating. This is particularly useful when you are editing wedding photos. By default, the background color that is chosen is white. You can change this in the toolbar.
- Next, you will have to select the crop tool. You can do this by clicking the crop icon in the toolbar, or you can press the key ‘C’ on your keyboard.
- Once you have selected the crop picture in photoshop tool, in the options bar, you will also have to select another option called ‘Delete the cropped pixels.’
- Now, you will have to draw the crop handles away from the image. If you are a Portrait Photographer, then make sure that you resize the canvas backdrop properly to add more canvas space.
- You can also hold the Alt key in the Windows operating system. Another Option key on your Mac operating system running photoshop to help you resize and drag the canvas. As you resize the canvas space, the extra canvas will be added to the extra space that you have dragged with the background color that you have chosen.
- Once you have an acceptable image, you can go ahead and finish it off by cropping it off. Remember that to get the proper photography prints you will have to have the perfect image with the exact amount of extra canvas. Once you have the perfect image, all you have to do is press the enter key in a windows OS or the Return key in the mac system.
Resize and Editing in Photoshop-
Now, this can be used to resize the image that you want to a larger one and also for cropping the image. Photoshop also lets you crop background in photoshop in a circle-like shape. This can be particularly useful if you want photos that are circular for a wedding album.
You can do this by following the steps below:
- First, you will have to convert the photos to a normal later from the usual background layer. This is mainly because Photoshop Software does not allow transparency on the background layer. This is pretty simple; all you have to do is to click the lock icon that is present on the right side of the background layer.
- Now, you have to select the elliptical marquee tool. If you are an avid user, then you know that you can get this in the toolbar.
- Now, draw a circular outline for selection. For a perfect circle, you can click the shift key on your keyboard as you are dragging. Before you leave the selection, make sure that you release the mouse key first and then the held shift key. This can be done to get good newborn photos.
- Then invert the selection. Which is present in inverse option in the select option of the menu bar
- Now, all you have to do is to delete the area that Is around the circle.