Although it costs us a bit to admit it, we are all a bit of a slave to marketing, all (or most), we are a bit of a Nikonist or canonist , a little bit, or at least we have been once. Some of you sure that you are very much, not in vain, are two great brands of cameras that have been innovating for a long time and betting on the quality of their products for photographers. The truth is that the tough competition between them and the updating of many other major brands has forced, in this case Nikon, not to lower our guard and offer innovation and the highest possible quality in each of their models.
The Nikon D500 is no exception to that competitive search for quality. I already tell you. It is a camera lady, very, very lady, that is easily going to become a dark object of desire. Now, I also tell you, “They don’t give four pesetas hard” that was said here, or what is the same , well and expensive, they usually go hand in hand, so if you want it, you will have to scratch your pocket. Let’s see its main features.
The Nikon D500 is an APS-C camera with professional features . If you are an advanced fan with the desire to eat the world and you are able to take advantage of its incredible potential, this is a camera that you will love: Robust, well built, of great image quality, with amazing sensitivity, a very focused approach precise, superb video quality … A real virguería that, at the moment, seems not to disappoint those who have been lucky enough to get one of them. You just have to take a look at some of the comments on Amazon .
Of this magnificent high-end APS-C camera, particularly noteworthy are its advanced high-precision focusing system (153 focus points) that allows excellent quality of the same in the most precarious light situations, both manual and automatic, its ISO range , extremely high and very good quality, the quality of your videos (4K), and the resolution quality of your touch screen and flip .
- Image sensor: DX, CMOS, 23.5 mm x 15.7 mm.
- Effective pixels: 20.9 million.
- Shutter speed: 1/8000 s to 30 s, in steps of 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV; Bulb, Time and X250 options.
- ISO sensitivity: From 100 to ISO 51200 in steps of 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV.
- Focus points: 153 focus points, of which 55 or 15 are available to select.
- Display: Vertical and touch-sensitive flip TFT LCD of 2,359,000 points, a viewing angle of 170 °, a framing coverage of 100% approx. and manual screen brightness control.
- Temperature: 0 ° C to 40 ° C.
- Video – Frame size (pixels) and frame rate 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD high definition).
- Weight: 760 g (the camera body).
- Frame rate of up to 10 fps
We have already commented on the main advantages of this camera, let’s see them again:
- The 153-point focus system is one of its main strengths. It is fast, accurate and of great quality, both automatically (even following moving subjects) and manual. This high quality focus system allows good results even in low light situations.
- The sensitivity of the sensor is also one of the highlights of this camera. It promises (and it seems that it also meets ) good results in a range of 100 to 51,200 ISO. Almost nothing.
- High quality videos.
- A very well built viewer .
- Folding touch screen and high resolution.
- Robust, comfortable and well finished design.
- The only one I could find speaks about the connectivity system that works through Bluetooth through a SnapBridge application that allows you to control the camera from the Smartphone itself, as well as the transmission of data to it. The system is very interesting, because it also consumes less battery than the WI-FI system, but it is not as fast as one would like.
Who warns is not traitor, I told you at the beginning of the article that we are talking about a professional camera, and professional cameras are expensive. If you can scratch your pocket and you will know how to get the most out of it, you have it on Amazon for some (price not available at this time) only the body. Ah, a note, that is expensive, does not imply that it is not worth every euro
The Nikon D500 is a great camera but that does not imply, much less, that it is your great camera. We have already repeated it sometimes on the blog. The most expensive is not necessarily the best for you. The best thing for you is to have a camera at your height, whatever it is. If you are starting, forget about it. HereWe recommend very good cameras to get you started in this wonderful world of photography. Do you want my personal advice? Do not think that by buying a professional camera you will make better photos, you will probably make them worse, because you will not understand anything of the millions of benefits that it has, it will weigh you more, the photos will occupy a barbarity, and a long etcetera of buts. Investing in something like that is risky, because many times when we get to “live up” to such junk, these are already somewhat obsolete. In my view, if you want to invest, do it in objectives and if you want to enjoy, forget about models, numbers and brands and go out to photograph with what you have. The camera is not important. Really
That’s it, I hope you enjoyed this article. If you know someone candidate to do it too, please share it on your favorite social network. Thank you and see you next time.